Aaaaaaaahhhhh. Me want!!
Olé! the 3rd weekend of February, Always!
Five Food Facts about Margaritas
1. The original recipe for the Margarita is a concoction of equal parts tequila, orange liquor and lime. Served over ice with a salt-rimmed glass.
2. Some say the Margarita is a version of a popular prohibition drink called the Daisy, a drink found on Mexican border towns substituting brandy with tequila . Margarita in Spanish means Daisy.
3. One ‘Origin’ Myth about the Margarita is that in October 1941, a bartender at Husson’s cantina in Ensenada, Mexico created the drink for Margarita Henkel, a well known German celebrity.
3. Another ‘Origin’ Myth about the Margarita is that in 1948 at the Balinese Room in Galveston, Texas created the drink for the singer Peggy Lee. The Spanish version of Peggy’s name is Margarita( Margaret)
4. ‘Authentic’ Margaritas are made with bitter Mexican limes(key limes). these are smaller thin-skinned…
View original post 31 more words