Love the appetizers, but where’s dinner?
It might as well be National Foodimentary Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Food:
- Buffets are offered at various places including hotels and many social events.
- Sideboards are also known as buffets as they may be used to offer the dishes of a buffet meal to guests.
- A buffet can also be referred to as a cafeteria, snack bar, counter and smorgasbord.
- The word buffet comes from Fr bufet “bench, stool, sideboard”, from the 12th century. The definition of buffet was extended to mean a “meal served from a buffet” in 1888.
- One form of buffet is to have a table filled with plates containing fixed portions of food; customers select plates containing whichever food items they want as they walk along.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1754 William Bligh was born. He became captain of the English ship, ‘Bounty,’ and while sailing…
View original post 66 more words