I thought every day was chocolate cake day.
National Chocolate Cake Day
Today’s five food finds about
- The history of chocolate cake goes back to 1764, when Dr. James Baker discovered how to make chocolate by grinding cocoa beans between two massive circular millstones.
- The first French word for chocolate mousse translates in English “chocolate mayonnaise”
- The “blood” that you see in infamous “shower scene” in Psycho is actually chocolate syrup.
- In 1828, Conrad Van Houten of the Netherlands developed a mechanical extraction method for extracting the fat from cacao liquor resulting in cacao butter and the partly defatted cacao, a compacted mass of solids that could be sold as it was “rock cacao” or ground into powder.
- Until 1890 to 1900, chocolate recipes were mostly for drinks.
On This Day in Food History…
- 1521 The Diet of Worms begins; an assembly of the Holy Roman Empire where Martin Luther made his famous…
View original post 52 more words