National Curried Chicken Day
Five Food Finds about Curried Chicken
- The chief spices found in most curry powders are turmeric, coriander, and cumin.
- The word curry is derived from a South-Asian word Kori ;a sauce with cooked meat or fish
- A hen can lay about 300 eggs each year.
- So that the yoke does not stick to the egg shell, a mother hen turns it egg about 50 times each day.
- There are more chickens on Earth than there are humans.
On This Day in Food History…
1833 Marie-Antoine Carême died in Paris at the young age of 48. Carême was known as “the cook of kings and the king of cooks”. He is the founder and architect of French haute cuisine.
1885 John Bloomfield Jarvis died. A civil engineer, he designed and built the Boston Aqueduct and the 41 mile long Croton Aqueduct (New York City’s water supply for over 50 years from…
View original post 169 more words