My day! Who knew?
Here are today’s five thing to know about Peppermint Latte:
- Peppermint lattee is typically made of Espresso, steamed milk, mocha sauce and peppermint flavored syrup.
- Peppermint is a hybrid mint between watermint and spearmint.
- The first description of peppermint was by 1753 by Carl Linnaeus.
- Peppermint has high menthol content, that is widely used to relieve minor throat irritation.
- Peppermint syrup is a delicious complement to coffee and hot chocolate.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1368 Charles VI of France was born. It was during Charles VI rule that Taillevent was made Master of the King’s kitchens. Charles VI also gave sole rights for the aging of Roquefort cheese to the village of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon, and all Roquefort must still be aged in the caves there today.
- 1838 Cleveland Abbe was born. Abbe was an astronomer and meteorologist, and is considered the “father of the U.S…
View original post 142 more words